Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Log Into Windows. Need Help Asap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

hey guys, my friends computer seemed to be infected by viruses and her anti virus was really out of date, so i recommended she tryin downloading and installing AVG Anti-virus updating it and doin a scan. she did a scan found nearly 30 viruses mainly trojans, she didn't pay attention to wat it sed at the end and just kept on pressin yes yes yes yes after the scan was over. she was then required to restart the computer but as soon as she logs into her account it instantly logs out by itself she cant log into windows. she has an assignment that she needs to finish off thats saved onto the computer plus alot of other important files so she cant just reformat. is there any way to fix this problem? is it likely to be a virus or corrupted file? let me know what yous think could be the issue and how to resolve it. thx heaps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

actually i just remember she also sed that while her computer was scanning for viruses using AVG anti-virus her computer box made a beep. does that have anythin to do with it?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

What is the Operating system?
Are you getting any error message?
Are you getting the Blue or Black screen?
Can you access safe Mode to scan?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 ReX

ReX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

running windows xp. no error messages as soon as it logs in it says logging out and just logs back out again. cant get into safe mode because same thing happens wen tryin to log into an account in safe mode. will repearin windows fix the issue?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

Probably the best solution is to insert theWindows disk and boot off that. Then do a repair install it shouldn't remove your files.
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install instructions.....

Michael Stevens MS-MVP

Edited by boopme, 22 May 2008 - 03:08 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users