Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Many Geforce 8800gt/gts! Which One Do I Pick?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chopficaro

chopficaro

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;x=0&y=0
look at all those! theres 7! but which one should i pick and why? why is the least expensive $185, and the most expensive $260?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

I like the 6th one down, GDDR3 and its still an 8800GT.

From all I can tell is that their all the same other than the appearance of the card.

{That and I'm being kicked out of the library because its closing so I kinda just glanced over it.}
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 rsd79

rsd79

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

look at all those! theres 7! but which one should i pick and why?

If you do not care about the cost, go with the most expensive version because it has two consumer choice awards, compared to one for the least expensive and zero awards for the rest. The "Customer choice" people, must know what they are talking about.

why is the least expensive $185, and the most expensive $260?

Simple answer: The $260 version has been overclocked.

Edited by rsd79, 24 May 2008 - 12:23 AM.

Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users