Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cant Open My Drives ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Nobody

-Nobody

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hello ..

At first I cant open any of my drives, this message always pops up when I try to open my Drive D "Can not find script file D:\_.vbs" and my NOD 32 AV detects a virus with a tag of "VBS/AutoRun.B virus" with a name file "D:\_.vbs" it also shows that this event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application
"C :\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe" ....

So I made a full computer scan using my NOD 32 and it detected some viruses and other stuffs (colored red), and as a regular user as I am I deleted them all ...

Now when I open my drives the same message pops up "Can not find script file D:\_.vbs" but the virus detection does not pop up anymore ...

I dont have a HiJackThis program so I can provide a HiJackThis log ...

When I try to open my Drive C it also pops the same message only the name drive is changed "C:\_.vbs" ..

Any help is appreciated .... =)

Edited by -Nobody, 20 May 2008 - 11:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

This link may be of help to you.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 -Nobody

-Nobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

This link may be of help to you.

Ok heres the thing ...

I followed the guide on the link and I know I did it all correctly (the registry editing)...

But now my PC is stucked on log in page ...

When I try to log in as an admin it goes from loading your personal setting to saving your personal setting and after that nothing happens I am still in the windows log in page and even if I click the "Log in as admin" again it just do the same thing ...

I tried to log in on safe mode but it is still the same I am still stucked in the log in page ...

My PC also dont do a POST test,I dont know why but it was like that since I first saw it and that is long before this problem occurred, it only display a message about Acronis image retriever or something then goes straight to Windows loading screen ...

I think it have something to do about the AUTORUN.INF being deleted as the guide have stated me too ...

But still I am not sure .. :thumbsup: :flowers:

If anyone can help me or enlighten me it will really help me a lot ...

Edited by -Nobody, 22 May 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

Try this. Insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 -Nobody

-Nobody
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Well the unit I am trying to fix is a client one so no CD-ROM or FLOPPY disk are available ...

I will try your suggestion after I get a CD-ROM that I can use ..

Just one question ..

The recovery console that you are saying will it affect any of my files like files being deleted or something ..?

And as the previous link that you have posted (The guide one) it says that I should remove system restore or something like that which I did, will it still be possible to do the recovery console thing that you have suggested ..

I just need some clarifications ...

And also I think I can conclude that the one with the error is my HD right ..?
So if I change my HD to a new working one will the unit be ok or will it work ...?

Thanks for all your help ... :thumbsup:

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

The recovery console that you are saying will it affect any of my files like files being deleted or something ..?

It won't delete anything unless you tell it to.

Some info pertaining to your problem:

http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/
http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/arch...ic/20552-1.html

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users