Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Delete Vista?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katykat

katykat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I've messed up and compressed all my files in windows vista. Now nothing at all works as it's compressed the entire hardrive (am on a friends pc). I've got a vista cd but it won't get rid of all the compressed files so i'm trying to delete as many files as possible but it obviously won't let me delete vista.
I've transfered all files to keep to another hardrive but am now stuck on how to delete vista and reformat the hardrive!
Please there must be simple solution.............

katy

Edited by katykat, 20 May 2008 - 11:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

hi,,, put your vista disc in the drive and then boot from the disc drive, pick what you want to do out of the options offerd, and follow the instructions to reinstall vista,, when it formats the hdd it will wipe everything on it and reinstall the os,, . Just another point,,, have you tryed to post restore your pc useing System Restore to before you compressed everything,,, here's a link on how to post restore
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/restoresysv.html
I also think you can return vista to factory setting's,,,, i have never tryed this but if you google it you mite find a bit more about how its done, or another member could know how its done.
good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 liamthomas6

liamthomas6

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:27 AM

Hi,

Turn off your computer, Turn it on again and apon bootup press F12 continusly. Insert your Vista cd and go down in the menu to CD/DVD. Follow the on-screen instructions and it will format your hard drive. (This means it will get rid of all of your data so it is advisable to back-it-up before you continus this process.)

Troubleshooting.

If you have any trouble, Please post and i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Liam

Edited by liamthomas6, 30 May 2008 - 07:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users