Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Mass Storage Device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kwboom

kwboom

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

HI there I just re-installed Windows and now in the icon bar in the lower right taskbar there is an icon for "Safely Remove Hardware" is always there and when I click it, it tells me that there is 2 usb mass storage devices that I can remove..... the only thing is that I don't have any mass storage devices installed on the computer through the USB and there is nothing but my printer hooked up with USB.

Just some info..... this is a HP computer W/ AMD Athlon XP 3000+ you can check the specs if you want on the HP site with this model # hp pavillion a330n I only upgraded the ram to 2 512's .

I think it has something to do with the card reader factory installed but I already downloaded the install for that and all the other crap that HP will not let Microsoft put on thier windows install disk so that yoiu have to buy the specific install for HP computers to get things like the onboard sound and the modem and other things to work right. I already found out that I had to get all thoes from the HP site.

Is there something I am missing ????????

Edited by kwboom, 20 May 2008 - 09:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

The card readers are connected through the USB interface internally and I believe show up as mass storage devices regardless if you have anything in the slots or not.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

The card readers are connected through the USB interface internally and I believe show up as mass storage devices regardless if you have anything in the slots or not.

Mine does
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

Also some printers (HP) show up as storage devices.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users