Thanks for the response Da Chew.
i've finally resolved this problem, and for anyone who might have the same problem, i'll post the steps i used to resolve this.
you have to follow the steps EXACTLY in order for it to work.
- Open Task Manager and in Processes tab end explorer.exe and wscript.exe process
- Open up File –> New Task (Run) in the Task manager
- Type cmd and hit Enter
del /a:h /f c:\autorun.*
if you have multiple drive/partition, repeat this step to all drive/partition, replacing “C:” with the appropriate drive letter.
- Go to your Windows\System32 directory by typing cd c:\windows\system32
Type dir /a:h /f hbq*.*
- If you see any files named hbq0.dll or hbq0.exe or hbo.exe, use the
Del /a:h /f avp*.exe
Del /a:h /f avp*.dll
- Open up File –> New Task (Run) in the Task manager, Type regedit
- Navigate to:
If there are any entries for kxvo.exe, delete them. Also delete all suspicious items
- Do a complete search of your registry for ntdelect.com or hbq.exe or kxvo.exe and delete any entries you find.
- To Restore Folder Options (“Show hidden files & folders”) Settings, Navigate to
- Look at the “CheckedValue” key… This should be a DWORD key. If it isn’t, delete the key. Create a new key called “CheckedValue” as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1. The “Show hidden files & folders” check box should now work normally.
Restart your pc.
for the link: http://espiya.net/forum/index.php/topic,72786.0.htmlMOD EDIT:Important Note
This proceedure involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes
Go to Start » Run and type: regedit
On the left side, click to highlight My Computer
at the top.
Go up to File » Export
Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup
Choose to save it to C:\
Click save and then go to File » Exit.
Or you can download and use ERUNT
which is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.
Edited by boopme, 26 May 2008 - 12:50 PM.