Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broadband Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 endean0

endean0

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

Wondering if someone out there can help please?
I have a small Home network of a PC and two laptops, which i run through a Netgear DG834G wireless router.The PC is wired to the router and the Laptops work with a Wireless connection.
If I take you through my day, you should get some idea of how the problem occurs.

Usualy boot up about 8.00 a.m. The PC is used for general Internet type stuff. The first laptop is logged on to the server in my office which is about 300 miles away. The second laptop is used by my Son.

Everything is usualy ok until 4.00-4.30 p.m., when things start to get a little slow. By 6.00 the connection to the PC and my sons laptop is intermittent, by 7.00 pm it is dead. Using Google as a Home page, you can get search results, but try clicking on the link and you get Internet Explorer cannot display etc. However all through this disruption the connection to the remote server at the office works fine, and I can access the internet through it.

I've tried resetting the Browser, deleting all temp Internet files, dissabling the Firewall. I've changed the size of the packets on the Routerand rebooted it, everything I can think of in fact. Is the fault in the PC? I dont think the router is at fault due to the remote connection. The infuriating thing is, that come 8.00 a.m everything works like new, only for the cycle to be repeated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

Have you checked to see if it gets better later on at night? If so, it could be a problem with your ISP being overloaded by too many users at that time of day.

You can monitor your connection speeds at this website throughout the day: http://www.speedtest.net/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users