Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Id 7000 Service Control Manager

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

I was just checking in Event Viewer today, and there are some errors detailed as;

ID 7000 Service Control Manager Event service start failed Parallel Port driver service failed to start .. blah blah .. either because it not been enabled or it has been disabled (or words to that effect)

Truth is, im not getting any effects really, but I would like to know what this is, and how to get around it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

Do you have any hardware, i.e. printer, using the parallel port?

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:06 AM

No. It is a laptop. The only thing which we regularly plug into the USB is one of those coolers which the laptop sits on and it produces cool air - that is plugged in and out frequently.

#4 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:31 AM

That's why your getting the error, you have nothing using this port which is o.k. Windows logs many errors which are benign in nature. Nothing to worry about if your system is running with no problems.

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

Many thanks for your time and trouble. I do feel better knowing now.

#6 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:44 AM

No trouble, I was happy to get my $2/month use from this site, http://www.eventid.net/ to answer your inquiry.

Edited by MishY, 20 May 2008 - 05:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users