Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card For A Dell 4600i

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stomp442

stomp442

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hi
I was hoping that someone could help me help my friend. He has a Dell Dimension 4600 2.8GHz. Here is a link for more info on this computer
c/net.com

Now the card that I was looking at is the BFG 6800 GS that I have found on ebay the main thing I'm concerned about is the slot. Cause the computer doesn't have a PCI express slot and from what I can tell this card isn't PCI express. www.e-bay.ca
Also if anybody knows of a better card for a better price that would be great.
I have gotten 2GB of memory for $8 and a 465w psu and are getting him a LG dvd burner.

My friend doesn't play games but does watch alot of videos from you-tube and downloads tv shows and will be burning some dvd's.

If you can help me help my friend with this or any other cheap upgrade suggestions that would be good for this Dell computer we would appreciate it.

Thank you for all you time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

You can't use PCI-E graphics. It uses onboard, but has an AGP 8x expansion slot
Yes, the card you linked to will work

Edited by garmanma, 19 May 2008 - 08:10 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 stomp442

stomp442
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for your fast reply.

If I can ask you or anybody else another question do you think that this card is the best one for this computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users