Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrt54g Router Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

So I went to log onto my linksys router, and it sayed i had the wrong log in info... :thumbsup: , so, I just decided that I would give t a nice hard reset by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, and when I turn it back on, and try to access the configuration page, it doesn't load...it was 192.168.0.2, and it should default back to 192.168.1.1 as linksys sets it, but niether URL works...but internet still works perfectly fine, the WLAN light is still blinking, and when I do ipconfig in the command prompt, it still says that my regualar router (I am using the WRT54G as an access point, so the netgear is 192.168.0.1) is the default gateway...before I cascaded them, the connected devices were on their own seperate network...so everything is the same, yet I cannot access the login page from any computer at all....I can access my main router perfecly fine though....please help

Edited by garmanma, 19 May 2008 - 08:14 PM.
moved to more appropiate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

I suspect that when you cascaded WRT to Netgear, Netgear being the DHCP server, gave WRT an IP address within its normal range (192.168.0.x). Perhaps it is a static IP at this point, though I'm not sure.

Using only a wired connection, can you not enter the WRT via 192.168.0.2? If so, check if it has a static IP or gets it from Netgear always. How did you wire them - LAN port to WAN port of WRT or LAN to LAN? (not that I would know which is the way to go)

So long as WRT is connected to Netgear you may not ever see 192.186.1.1. If you disconnect, reset, and perhaps reset the computer, WRT might well revert back to its normal IP. But do you really want it?

Considering that your internet access is fine, I'd think that those routers are doing a good job. And ipconfig saying that Netgear is a gateway is completely correct. It is the gateway, and WRT looks to the Netgear router just like any other device hooked to it, and then WRT is likely a DHCP server to the PCs connected to it.

Does Netgear have logging? You could try seeing who it talks to and one of the devices would be the WRT router, I would think.

Let's hope a networking expert can help you more. That's all I can think of :thumbsup:

Edited by tos226, 01 June 2008 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users