Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Monitors Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

So I just got a new dual monitor graphics card for my pc...I physically install it, and then boot up, and it works...that seems like a first...well maybe it would be if i actually did what I wanted it to do...Windows boots up, and then after a few seconds it recognizes the new monitor, and i guess it installed the drivers for it also, because it recognized the name of the card also...my problem is that both screens have a twin output...in other words, they are exactly the same....so after I restart it because maybe the changes have to take effect, it gets back to windows, and the 2nd monitor isn't even on...it is in power saving mode...now this monitor has a tendency to be very picky about the position of the cable, or else it won't display, but with playing around with it for 5 minutes, there still is no display...maybe am doing this wrong, I have no clue....thanks to anyone who will actually help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

now this monitor has a tendency to be very picky about the position of the cable, or else it won't display,

That indicates a bad connector. Either a bent pin in the cable plug, bad cable, or the connection, itself in the monitor
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

well I just took out the good monitor and put it into the 2nd monitor slot, and it went directly into sleep mode...the second monitor port isn't displaying because of software issues...and do you have to configure the gc to be dual screen, because this model is supposed to be able to split the desktop

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/multimon
http://www.tech-recipes.com/multiplemon
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

that worked great...sorry about the delay...yep just had to enable it in the display properties and it turned right on...thanks..oh and btw, the bad monitor is missing like 3 or 4 pins, and I was wondering if there was an easy way to fix that...I do have llllooootttts of extra parts, so if i could just pull some pins from some older graphics cards, that would be sweet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users