I apologize for the delay in response as we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)
and save to your Desktop.alternate download site
DSS will do the following:
You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.
- Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
- Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
- Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
- Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.
-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
- If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
- main.txt <- this one will be maximized
- extra.txt <- this one will be minimized
- If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
- Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.Next
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
Click on the Accept
button and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.