Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaking of general chat...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

just wondering if there is a way to avoid an empty chatroom?

I've tried several times to initiate some discussion in the chat channel, but each time I'm alone.

It seems to me that it would be a nice feature to have, for instance, some "flashing light" or more subtle way of knowing from the board that there is (or isn't) someone(s) in attendance.

maybe I'm missing something that already exists...

There have been plenty of opportunities to spend some time this way...

(my game scores aren't that great, reading the tutorials has kept me busy, following the posts has been enlightening...but the chat feature seems to offer another very functional purpose that so far I haven't gained from.)

basically, does anyone want to real-time talk computers?
if so, how would I know?
:thumbsup: :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:14 AM

sure phawgg Ill talk real time about computers with ya :thumbsup:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:20 AM

The problem is most people dont just "hang out" there. They go in, noones there, so they leave. Over the next week, except for tomorrow, I will try to be in there most of the day. Idling away and if someone comes in, they should hang out as well...eventually there will become groups of people in there who can talk when they are not busy,

The best way to do this is to use one of those programs I have mentioned in the chat page called MIRC. Just load it , join the server and channel and hang out till people get there.

As for a light showing when people are on, would be very difficult to program and probably beyond my means unfortuantely.

#4 Lobos

Lobos

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

people are in the chat room right now anybody want to join
<span style='color:blue'>Ad-Aware SE</span> | Spybot S&D 1.4

For extra protection try spyware blaster

<span style='color:blue'>If you use IE I suggest using these two programs</span> MVPHosts & IE-SPYAD

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:45 PM

Back from my golf outing today :flowers: Wonderful day but as I dont play golf much certain muscles are not feeling too good :thumbsup:

I will be in the chat room all day tomorrow for anyone who wants to stop by

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:47 PM

what did you score grinler? at least a 70 right :thumbsup:

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:50 PM

LOL.....i am so horrible...i mean really bad. I am going to start taking lessons. It was a benefit for a friend who died of leukemia. They had a silent auction there for 6 golf lessons for a very cheap price which I bid on and won.

Hopefully that will get me into better shape in the game.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

Id like to say that the chat room has been very active lately. So for those who have not been around you should check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users