Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting .tif Files To .jpg?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hi,

I have some .tif photo files that I need to convert to .jpg photo files so that I can upload them to Flickr.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

i'd use photoshop or my batch converter, but if you dont have either you can get a free or trial version of any batch converter, or if you dont have to many to convert you can use MSPAINT,
all programs > accsessories > paint >
open a .tif photo in paint
file > open > navigate to the photo to be converted > double click to open
the save as .jpeg
file > save as > you'll get a popup window with a drop down menu at the bottom > save as type > select .jpeg[*.jpg*.jpeg*.jpe*.jfif]

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

Thanks,

I did use MS Paint. It took about 25-35 minutes to do 105 individual photos late last night.

Then I did a Yahoo! search for "conversion programs for photo file" and get this the third listing was "Photo File Conversion" a previous queuing "I" did on here - bleepingcomputer.com. Ain't that something.

In this previous queuing jgweed suggested a photo tool called "irfanview" that I used today that did the same job in a matter of seconds.

It was late last night and I obviously wasn't thinking clearly. I did the whole conversion using MS's Paint instead of downloading this tool and getting the whole job done in seconds.

Boy, I have to remember to go to bed on time.

Anyhow, I have to recommend this "Free" tool. It works great. As jgweed says:

IrfanView, a free photo editor application, has a batch conversion module among its many useful features.

John :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnz414, 19 May 2008 - 12:22 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users