Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Redirect A Webpage In Iweb To Another Link?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 suttles95

suttles95

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

I have set-up a website through iWeb, and I've set-up a page for a blog. What I need to happen is have people directed to my Wordpress blog when they click on the link on my website.

But here's the problem: Right now, when people click-on my blog link on my website, it directs people to go to www.XXXX.com/blog.html. I can't figure-out how to direct iWeb to send people to www.XXXX.wordpress.com.

The way it stands, I've had to place a hyperlink on the "blog" link of my webpage for people to click on to send them to my Wordpress blog.

I'm desperate. Can someone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

Not sure if I fully understand, so let's see if I am clear:
1) You have a website.
2) On the website is a link to a blog- www.XXXX.com/blog.html.
3) You actually want them to go to- www.XXXX.wordpress.com
4) You changed the link on your web page, so the link now points to- www.XXXX.wordpress.com

I guess I don't see the problem. :thumbsup:

#3 suttles95

suttles95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I would like for people to automatically be taken to my blog whenever they click the "blog" link...

Instead, they are taken to a blank page in which I have placed the hyperlinked text "Please click here to visit our blog." They then have to click on that box to be directed to my Wordpress blog.

It looks a little unprofessional, and I would love for people to be automatically be taken to my Wordpress blog.

#4 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:55 AM

By your description, I'm assuming the the link to your blog on www.XXXXX.com is not editable?

If this is true, then one way of achieving what you want would be to put a meta tag on that blog page, which would re-direct them automatically.
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=www.XXXX.wordpress.com">
Stick that somewhere to make it automatically re-direct to "www.XXXX.wordpress.com".

Just out of interest, how hard have you searched for a way of doing this? Tying something like

html automatic redirect

into Google yields ways of doing this quite easily.

Hope that helps.

Edited by jpshortstuff, 19 May 2008 - 08:59 AM.

Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

By your description, I'm assuming the the link to your blog on www.XXXXX.com is not editable?

That would make sense. It would be sort of nice to know those things ahead of time, wouldn't it? :thumbsup:

#6 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

That would make sense. It would be sort of nice to know those things ahead of time, wouldn't it? :thumbsup:

Would make things a little easier for us yes :flowers:
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 suttles95

suttles95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

I'm sorry for any confusion...

But I can't see how to insert this meta tag in iWeb...

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Ok, let's try again. Are you saying that you are not able to change iWeb code (which contains the original link)? If that is the case, the META tag goes into the page that you have your " "Please click here to visit our blog" link on.

How did you get your code into iWeb in the first place to link to your blog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users