Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Type Spacing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doug1

doug1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

I am experiencing a problem of typing for example "complete" one on top of the other (each on a line of print) and the spacing is different between the two. I am experiencing it in Word, Corel, etc. So I assume this is the Windows XP. Anyone know how to fix it?

Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

I don't quite understand what you are describing. Is there any way you can copy/paste some text showing us what the problem is?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hello.

I think what Doug is trying to say is that the lines is different. For example (exaggerated):
nothing

nothing
nothing

nothing
nothing
nothing

Before anything, I would try clearing the temporary files as they always seem to mess with the settings on such programs.
  • Click on your Start menu and select Run.
  • Type into the run box cleanmgr and hit OK.
  • A window will pop-up asking which drive you want to clean. Select your operating drive. This is usually C:. If you are unsure, right click on your Start Menu and select Open. In the first part of the adress you will see your operating drive letter.
  • The wizard will proceed to estimate the amount of space it can clear on that drive.
  • After that is done, which should only take a moment, you will be asked to choose what thingsyou wish to clean. Put a check mark beside Temporary files. Also check any other ones you wish to clear.
  • Hit OK to start the cleaning. The window will close itself upon completion.
With Regards,
The Panda

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

Word has its own line-spacing adjustment, perhaps that's set to double-space rather than single-space.

I don't know about Corel, but if it's a document-producing program...I suspect it's similar to Word. What specific Corel program?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=l...spacing+in+Word

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 May 2008 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users