Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sitebuilder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 KinGary

KinGary

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

I have this problem with sitebuilder. The issue im having is i have sitebuilder installed on my pc
and I use it almost everyday updating my site. Being away from my pc I found trouble updating
at my friends house. I installed sitebuilder on his pc and I tryed to upload my site on sitebuilder
and so far Ive been unable to do so... Any help, suggestions, or solutions are appreciated! KG-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

so far Ive been unable to do so

Why? Does your friend's computer shut off? Do you mean that you are trying to download your site to the sitebuilder installed on his computer, or are you trying to upload your site from his computer to your host?

Wouldn't it just be simpler to use something like TightVNC and remote in to your own computer?

#3 KinGary

KinGary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

I just want to be able to be to work on my site on computers other than my own were I originally started my site

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

I didn't ask what you wanted to do, I asked what specifically you were trying to do that was not working. "I have been unable to do so" could mean anything. I am not sure how you expect anyone to help if you do not bother answering their questions.

#5 KinGary

KinGary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Your right, okay here...

No his pc does not turn off...
I am trying to download my site onto the sitebuilder installed on his computer so I can work on it when Im away from my pc...

Good enough now...

Like do you understand now?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Ok, so one question is answered. What specifically is not working? Are you unable to download it? Will it not open in the sitebuilder? Is it giving an error? Will it not save? There are literally thousands of things that could cause you to say "so far Ive been unable to do so". :thumbsup: At what point do things stop working the way you expect them to?

#7 KinGary

KinGary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well let me rephrase that...

I dont know how to get my site on sitebuilder installed on another computer...

I want to get my site on the sitebuilder on my friends computer so I can work on my site away from home

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

Since we have no idea what sitebuilder you are using, what web host you are using, etc., the only advice anyone here can give is to do the same thing you did on your computer to set it up. I realize that is not very helpful, but we really have nothing to go on.

#9 KinGary

KinGary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

I figured it out myself....

Great forum... Great resource... Awesome help!

Keep it up bleeping!

#10 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

We are great, thank you, but we're not psychics, nor do we have time to play guessing games. Had you asked a good question, or answered one of mine, you could have probably got the help you needed. Feel free to blame us for your inability to answer a simple question ....But what do I know; my web servers work fine, and I can get into any one of them from anywhere I choose with no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users