Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up Phpbb3 For A Forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

I am setting up PHPBB3 to use as the forum for my website and i have it so i can access the Admin panel and add forums and things like that, but i need help with the permissions. I really have no clue why but in the permissions i set certain things, such as for Administrators, Full Access, but when i click something (like save all permissions) it sets all the combo boxes back to "No role assigned"

I'm sure it's something simple that i'm missing, but if someone has set up a forum using phpbb3 and knows how, sign up and tell me on this post and I will make you an Administrator (depending on your status here and if you are trusted or not, even though i really don't have anything to lose with a new forum)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

What instruction guide are you following when setting the permissions?

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

I'm not using a guide to set it up, i'm just doing it on my own :thumbsup:

I will try and figure it out (by using the instructions on the top of the permissions page)

#4 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hi,

I also am creating a Foum using phpBB3!

I found this Knowledge Base on the phpBB3 website (thanks to Google), and I thought it might be some help to you.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/phpbb3-permissions/

Hope this helps!

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users