Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Question About Avg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hi all, A friend of mine brought me his hdd with XP on it, he had installed it in an external enclosure so the I could access it easily. He had told me that he thought that he may have an virus, this was an understatement to say the least. I ran a scan with AVG 7.5 which took over two hours for the 40GB hdd. AVG found 40,000 assorted generic Trojans, yep...that is the real number. The problem is that the AVG immediately closed after completing the scan not allowing me the choice to heal these files as it normally would. This means that I have to go into the Test Results to heal these objects. My question...is there any way that I can choose all of these objects and heal them all at the same time? Can anyone offer a reason why the AVG closed without offer the choice of action?

I would appreciate what ever help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Dan

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

AN idea maybe might be to run both superantispyware and asquared on it to 'reduce the workload' FOR avg?

and has AVG had today's update applied?
those scans on full computer scanning I guess will take a few hours too ..........
have you yet opened the virus vault to see if the items have been placed in there?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

AVG updates daily...not an issue. Nothing in the vault, if the option to heal isn't available, the objects have no way of getting into the vault, unless they get there by my healing them one at a time.

Both Asquared and SAS have current up dates, I've even ran these in safe mode, noda, zip, nothing.

Edited by dc3, 18 May 2008 - 10:35 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users