Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inflated Hunger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CheckNerd

CheckNerd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

Inflated Hunger

Inflation is a global phenomenon which is either a consequence of a booming economy or inept monetary policies of a government .Whatever the cause maybe, its effect maybe devastating, particularly outcome of food inflation.

The burning question, however, is whatís causing this price hike? Perhaps the answer to the question isnít all that straight forward but President Bush made it look just that Ė he was of the view that it is the Indiaís middle class that has suddenly become ravenous thereby resulting in consumption of more food and soaring food prices through out the world. But then isnít Bush famous for putting his foot into his mouth whenever he opens it? Or wait a minute, maybe he was trying to say that with the booming Indian economy, people now have more money to buy food than to grow it themselves resulting in high demand & scarcity of resources.

Another possible reason for inflated food prices could be the restriction of export of food crops by some countries, perhaps because of the apprehension that it might not be able to feed itself let alone others. With the demand for food ever-increasing and the restriction on export of food has made matters worse ensuing high prices in the world market.

There maybe innumerable reasons for food inflation but steps have to be taken by the government to curb it. The government of Pakistan, however, seems oblivious to the soaring prices and the difficulties that a poor man or for that matter middle class man has to face everyday in making ends meet. All its bothered about is the restoration of judges. I donít know how reinstatement of judges is more important than myriad of people dying of hunger.

Food inflation is also a threat to security. When the society is divided into Ďhaveí and Ďhave notsí, the latter is forced to commit crime as somehow they have to put the bread on the table to feed their families. They arenít to be blamed; the government is responsible for the welfare of the people. If it fails to provide them with adequate means then it only triggers insurrection resulting in loss of lives and instability in the country.

Its high time we realize that inflation is a menace to the society and needs to be curbed. Steps have to be taken now to restrain it. Otherwise, rise in oil prices coupled with food inflation could only make matters worst than ever before.
Nobody is perfect & I'm Nobody.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

Here is some reasons for this food inflation.
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/13500422.html

#3 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

what are you talking about? those with the money adn the power wdont care!!! they will wait till economeis boom, and when that happens, theyu start keeping track of tthe money people have, and thye find outh just how much people can afford to spen d o n food. then, guess what, thats what they chyarge for the food, the same they do with any produckt,l what they know the people can pay, they dont care. of course there are places in the world wjhere people are just stupid, cause their like heirs to their contry or somthing, like in china, and fianlly bnecasuse things are too bad, they start fighting aback for their rights as humans!!! but in america, we vote in the smarteds and most qualified efvery four years. and my only fear has become, that because of partisanship, we are no lonber votin in individuals or people with their agendas, quote me "you are voting for a republican or a democrat" and its as simple as that. anyone who thinks that these two sides actually careds about the issues, "what are you thinking"???????????????????? has anyone that still has faith in the american government been looking at what the house and senate gets paid lately??? once you look at that, and see that it continues even once they are out of office, and how much they are getting paid, how can you still think they are working for you????? herees what I'll tell you what i would do if I could get elected: i would work for the people, and i would gladly klive in a one room apartmetbn for my entire term in congress, whether it be the senate or the house, and gladly be paid nothing but what it takes for me to live, becdause i want to fix theis country!!! how many acan say the same, i doubet very mean, with all the ignoraant fools who dont even know what is going on. they just vote and theri like

"haha, everyone!!! llook at me, i'me a member of democracy!!! i go and act dumb and vote all one partty!!! aren't i good like!!!???? don't you thinkg im' just crazy good like a real american???!!!""

i guarantee, that if you went out and asked people what kind of government we have, less than 10 percent would come up with democratic republick. and people want these ignorant fools to vote!?!?!?!?!? lol, ha ah ha ha haha, a scary thought if i think of it!!! seriously, all of you that over the "somewhat many" posts that i've written, and arguesd with myu point of view the whole way, how do you do it???? even if things are "OK" for you right now, do you reall y think they will be ok for your childeren, your grabnd children, your great grand children???? ha ha ha, wishful thinking at best.
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users