Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32 Kernel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

Hi

I keep getting this Pop Up

Posted Image

I'm at a loss on how to stop this

I have Windows ME, Sygate personal Firewall, I not sure what it is and when I or Sygate blocked it; but I cant find a way to Un-Block it? I have searched the Internet for " Win32 kernel " and the results don't seem to give me any more clues on how to :thumbsup: resolve this.

Regards
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

The little blue message box indicates that kernel 32 is being blocked by Sygate. If everything works okay, then leave it blocked. You should be able to block balloon notifications by checking the preference that's also in the blue message box (Do not show this notification again) or by going into Sygate-Tools-Options-General Tab and putting a check mark in "Hide notifications".

Edit: I think the kernel 32 may be needed if you are on a network. Otherwise, from what I read on Google, it's okay to keep it blocked.

Edited by mommabear, 18 May 2008 - 12:01 PM.

#3 El_Tel

El_Tel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:44 AM

Hi...

Putting a tick in that box dosen't seem to work, and if I then click on it once ticked; it only brings up a log screen.

You should be able to block balloon notifications by checking the preference that's also in the blue message box (Do not show this notification again) or by going into Sygate-Tools-Options-General Tab and putting a check mark in "Hide notifications".

Edit: I think the kernel 32 may be needed if you are on a network. Otherwise, from what I read on Google, it's okay to keep it blocked.

As for this Network, I have tried using " LogMe In " but I have this dissabled as I can't seem to work out how I log onto my PC left switched on from a friends house some 15 miles away. My idea was if I could use " LogMe In " to gain access to my PC then I could use it the other way round and gain access to my M8's PC from home save me the 30 miles round trip.

That was luck It just popped :flowers: up again ticked.

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

Edited by El_Tel, 19 May 2008 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users