Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scan Run Time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tony4992

tony4992

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:14 PM

Despite MS saying the default time is 2am mine will not run unless I'm actually sitting in front of the screen working on something. I've reset it to 5pm and most days it works but not today as I was away from the screen for an hour and nothing happened. Is it just me or is it a beta glitch?
When it runs it's fine and the only thing it has found is MSN trying to hijack my Google toolbar. Sorry Microsoft but I'm happy with Google.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:16 PM

You need to teach that you allow your settings to be set to google. As for the scheduler I have found it to be a bit buggy as well.

#3 Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks/Microsoft Antispyware
Under the Task tab make sure that "run only if logged on" is unchecked.
I had the same problem and got rid of it that way after doing some navigation.
You can also go to Control Panel/Power Options to change settings for staying logged on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users