Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Tower Keeps Beeping

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 xcalibre

xcalibre

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

i have no idea whats causing it but it started a few days ago while i was playing lotro but when i would log out of the game it would no longer do it now it is doing it all the time it is coming from the tower itself it is the beep u hear when u first turn the computer on but its constant and other than it the computer is running fine what can i do to stop this? ive ran a spyware scan a virus scan even registry repair and nothing is correcting it ty to anyone that can help me solve this problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

What is the Operating system on this PC,Xp?
This is more likely a hardware issue what is the make and model of the PC?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

it is windows xp the comp was built awhile back but has been running fine till now it is a amd xp prossesor an even now as im typing this its goin nuts sounds like that old simon sez game

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

See if you can Identify the beep here.
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
I am going to move this to the XP forum so that the folks with better brains for this type of problem will see it.
Good Luck,
Boopme

Edited by boopme, 17 May 2008 - 10:35 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

ok now this is just wierd stoped but then as soon as i started the spyware scan it started goin nuts again i looked at the link to try n identify the tones but none match the tones change some times its a single beeps then constant beeps then it goes off sounding like a old ambulance tone

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

If you download SIW you will be able find out what the make and model of your motherboard. Once we find out what that is we can find the user's manual and see what the beeping is all about.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

ok will do it now ty

#8 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

ok i installed and ran it says my mobo is manufacturer=abit, model=an7(nvidia-nforce2), version=1.x

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

Is this one continuous beep? One continuous beep in an indicator that the RAM isn't seated properly.

If you look in the case be sure that you touch the metal of the case to discharge any electrostatic charges you may have, these can kill RAM modules.

Look at the RAM, there are retaining clips at the end of each RAM slot, these should be snug against the RAM module. If it isn't try pressing down on both ends and the same time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:34 AM

when i turn it on i get the standard 1 beep but then if i start playing my game it starts going nuts before it was just while game was running and now if i try running any spyware scan etc.. it starts beeping like crazy i opened tower all ram is in tight i have left it open incase there is something else u might want me to check inside it

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:47 AM

Ok...I'm confused, you have described this as a beeping now, and a long beep before. What is it please. You can check out the beep code here.

#12 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:53 AM

sry not trying to be confusing the beeps are varying i get the beeps as the computer is running will start as a single beep then will beep in diff patterns and only way to really discribe it is its sounding exactly like if i had a old simon sez game running in the tower the single beep i mentioned was when i first turn the tower on its a single normal beep

#13 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

ok took a look at the beep guide u linked to hard to compare the beeps to it due to the the diff patterns im getting though the 1 i get that sounds like a siren could maybe be compared to the 1 listed as a over heating prob though i dont think i was over heating when i installed the program u linked me to i checked temp was running at 114f with seems high but im a relative noob when it comes to comps so i got no idea what a average temp should be lookin in my tower though all fans are spinning except the one directly mounted on the mobo

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,362 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

Do any of the beep code at the site I supplied the link to match yours?

#15 xcalibre

xcalibre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:03 AM

sry posted b4 u asked that q only 1 that came close was the two tone siren sound but it dont do that 1 all the time explained a bit bout my fan in previous post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users