Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run Dll As An App

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cstarz

cstarz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hello,
Thank you in advance for any help that may be provided. This all started when I noticed that I did not have sound to my online games of Planetside or WoW. I don't have sound to any other programs on my computer except TeamSpeak and my start up screen of XP pro.

So I did a little research and noticed that my Audigy sound card is not installed but it is in my computer. I try to open up system to get into hardware devices and whala! this is where it all comes together. "Run dll as an app has occured an error and needs to shutdown."

I did some research on this (this is how I learned of these boards) and everything points to some sorta virus or very stubborn malware. I have installed the follow on my computer, SUPERAntiSpyware free edition, Spybot Search and destroy and AVG free 8.0. I have done complete scans with each program in and out of safe mode with the internet unplugged and still have the problem.

I also have checked c:\WINDOWS\system32 and c:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folders for the rundll32.exe and they DO exist there. So, I am stuck and need some help here.

Windows XP Pro SP2 (unauthenticated version)
1.6 Mhz
40G HDD
1G RAM

Thanks again !

~cstarz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users