Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Authorized To Make A Blog?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

I made a blog a while ago, and I just went on to add an entry. Except now when I try to add an entry it says

The error returned was:

You are not authorised to use this feature

When I looked at my blog settings it says

The error returned was:

The board administrator has not authorised you to create Blogs

I didn't do anything bad (at least... I think not) and I can't figure out why I'm suddenly not authorized to post on my own blog :thumbsup:
Any clarification about this will be appreciated, thank :flowers:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

One doesn't blog for malware assistance.
That's the only reason I know of why you might have restricted access to your blog.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

...I wasn't blogging about malware assistance. I was only stating that I was waiting for my entry into the Study Hall?
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

OK, I misread or misunderstood.
Since you are a Trainee now, Please PM the Grinler about your BLog access problems?

//Edit: Might be a board anomaly?

Edited by KoanYorel, 17 May 2008 - 06:40 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

"The" Grinler? :thumbsup: A very prestigious title, I see.
I will PM him, thank you for helping me :flowers:

#6 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

Might be a board anomaly but I just PMed him, so we'll know soon enough. It might be that the user rights section had problems?

Edited by skyfuser, 17 May 2008 - 06:51 PM.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Dealing with it in PM. Closing topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users