Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inserting An Image Within A Post

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Post exactly what you are using to try and post an image, and we'll see if we can help you out.
Without that information, there's not much we can do to help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

I don't know what I was doing wrong but it worked this time thanks for the help!

#33 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

tg1911, Hello,
Simple problem. Please, how do I send a photo from Photobucket to "post your macro shots" here at BC?I know I must be missing something really obvious but am completely lost. Meanwhile, Photobucket looks interesting and will be a learning experience in itself. I assumed it was a good idea to resize pics before placing them in an album there. I settled on usual email size of 640x490 so hope that will be okay.
Cheers :)

#34 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hello violetrose.

Once you have your images uploaded to your Photobucket album, open it.
When you mouse over an image, a dialog box will appear.
From this box you will be able to do a variety of things:
Change the title
Share it
Edit it
Delete it
Move it

At the bottom of the dialog box, you'll see 2 text areas.
One labeled Direct link, and the other labeled IMG code.
Direct link will give you a link directly to your uploaded image.
IMG code will give you the BBCode you'll need to post the image in a post, here.
The one you want is IMG code.

With the dialog box showing, click inside the text box, as if you're going to type something.
You'll see it flash, and the word Copied.
The IMG code has been copied to you clipboard.
No other action is necessary.
Come to BC, click Reply, compose your reply, and where you want to place the image, right-click and hit Paste.
Click Post, and that's it.
Your image will appear in the post.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#35 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thankyou very much, tg1911 :cool: I do not understand the computer wizzardry behind this at all ...but it worked! Hope you like the bee - actually it got in the way whilst I was trying to photograph the flower. No time to focus etc..which shows how nifty the little HX20V can be...a reasonable pic which records a moment in time. Thanxagain - violetrose.

#36 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

You are quite welcome, violetrose.

#37 Mashm89

Mashm89

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Why does this site make it so non-userfriendly to post pics?  I have to signup on some website to get a URL?  really?

#38 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Aw gee, Mashm89, think of it as an adventure in cyberspace. Please have a go and send some pics :)

#39 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Why does this site make it so non-userfriendly to post pics?  I have to signup on some website to get a URL?  really?

It's normal for you to need to provide a URL where images are hosted in order to post pictures on a forum.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#40 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

There is a new way to add pictures, simply drag the whole picture or copy and paste from a webpage.

#41 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Copy and paste didn't work for me.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#42 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

Both of those options work for me in Chrome, Animal.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#43 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Didn't use Chrome, But didn't work for me in Firefox, IE 10 or Opera 12.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#44 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Maybe it's just a Chrome thing then, anyway it's pretty useful if you use that browser.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#45 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hi everyone. I tried this using IE7 and it worked. 

I experimented around and wanted to make a few suggestions: 

First, I believe you must open the image from the website it is on (click on the image and allow it to open in it's own browser window because that is the source image).  

Second, I believe you also must have the Rich Text Editor here set to on.

Technically, (you can correct me if I am wrong here because I am not entirely certain) I believe the image is already hosted and you are opening the source....so the code that you copy once the image is open all alone is the same code that works here as long as the RTE is on. 

*wow--that sounded really good what I just said LOL*

Please see mah corn: LOL...all i did to test this is find an image on a website advertising a corn festival. I then clicked on the image which opened it in another window.  I selected Copy (ctrl C).  In the Reply box here, I selected Paste (ctrl V). Simple and easy

Thanks for letting us know, KirbyofDeath! 

Sweet-Corn-Logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users