Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Get Print Screen To Work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amyl

amyl

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

When I hit print screen and then paste...it doesn't work. How do I get this to work?

I do this a lot to paste print screen in email for work!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

When using print screen, what are you copying, a web page or something on your Desktop? If it's a webpage, which browser are you using?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

It may be easier to use an application, such as Gadwin Printscreen to do what you want:
http://www.gadwin.com/download/
(Look for it at the very bottom of the page, it's version 4.3 freeware).
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

you press print screen, then you have to past it into a photo editor of some sort, even normal paint will work. then save the file and send it in your email.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

I couldn't see a way to paste a print screen into a webmail message.
After hitting prtscn, I first opened my internet providers webmail, then right clicked my mouse.
Paste is grayed out.
I next clicked on Edit at the top of the webmail page. Again, paste was grayed out.

When I opened Outlook Express, the same thing happpened-grayed out paste.
Hotmail also grayed it out.

Windows Live Mail did allow me to paste the screen shot into the body of a mail.

You are going to have to do a prtscn, then paste into a program such as Paint, and then attach it to your mail.

OR, prtscn. Paste the shot into Paint. When you want to insert the image, is there a function in your mail to Add Picture? You can try that to put the image in the body of your mail.

If you don't want to use Paint, there are screen capture utilities available. The one I use is

ScreenHunter 5.0 Free available here: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/sh/sh_free.htm

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 May 2008 - 09:23 AM.

#6 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

When I hit print screen and then paste...it doesn't work. How do I get this to work?

I do this a lot to paste print screen in email for work!

Hit your PrtSc, open Paint, click Edit, click Paste, your pic should now be there, click File, click Save or Save As to "My Pictures"
You should be good to go. You can upload or insert from My Pictures.

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users