Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Keyboard .. None!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrClose

MrClose

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

I am writing this HELP message using my wife's webtv set top browser because .. I can't get my microsoft usb wireless keyboard to work anymore.
It has worked for the last three years and as far as I can tell .. It is not the keyboard, it is a driver problem.

I have uninstalled, installed, updated, rolled back .. Everything that you can do to solve this problem. Nothing has worked!

Everytime I go to Device Manager, I get that Yellow shield that sits next to the description of the device.
(The symbol that shows that you have a problem with the device)

When I click on the driver tab, the message that I get is:

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled.
An alternate driver May be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

(Great Help that .. huh?)

I can't even get my "wired keyboard" to work .. The same yellow shield comes up next to It in the device manager .. with the same useless message.

What is so strange, is the fact that the wireless mouse I use is part of the same program as the wireless keyboard and the Mouse Works!?

Both drivers are from the same cd.

Intelli Type Pro 5.4 (keyboard)
Intelli Type Pro (mouse)

The name of the devices and (program) is: Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.

Please .. Someone .. Help!!!

MC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Something may have died, partially disabling your wireless device.

From what I see using Google, Code 32 errors normally relate to optical drives...but I suppose anything is possible.

[post="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123"]Code 32 Error[/post]

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users