Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virusheat 4.4

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 86 mc

86 mc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:30 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum, so I would apprieciate any help I can get. My kids seem to have downloaded VirusHeat 4.4 and some other spyware. I am currently typing this on my laptop because my PC has these viruses and they will not let me on the internet to download any cleaners. When I try to use internet explorer the virus keeps changing the address that I type in, and goes no where, it just pops up saying that it cannot connect to the internet, or invalid address. My PC is running windows XP, also I went and bought a copy of nortons antivirus 2008 with antispy, but the virus won't let it load up. Thanks in advance for any help you give, if anymore information is needed please let me know and I will do my best to get it to whoever needs it. Thanks .............James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

Let's start out with downloading sub's flash disinfector and just to be safe immunize any external drive like a usb one that would be used to transfer files to the infected computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=798468

See if you can download this program and the manual updates and transfer and install on the infected computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the reply Dachew, the problem is that the infected computer cannot get on the internet(internet explorer won't work), the virus won't let it. So I can't download anything. I am coresponding with my other computer that is not infected. Any other ideas? Thanks for your time...............James

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

please reread my post

I am way ahead of you here

do you have a usb flash drive?
Chewy

#5 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Ok, I read to fast and missed that you said to try and download on this computer and transfer the files and install on the other computer, sorry. Well I am not to sure how to do that, do you mean to download and put on a disk, or transfer files through my router? I'll try to figure it out and let you know what I come up with. Thanks.............James

#6 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

No I don't have a flash drive, you are ahead of me, you replied while I was typing my mistake. Thanks............James

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

No I don't have a flash drive

You need one
Chewy

#8 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

Ok, I will go to the store and buy one today. Thanks for your help............James

#9 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

Can you return norton's?
Chewy

#10 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

I think so, I just bought it yesterday. By the way, I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware like you said to this computer and saved it to a disk and loaded it into the infected computer, and it is actually scanning it right now! Thanks.............James

#11 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

we really need that usb drive to bring logs back unless you get lucky quick and get that infected machine back on the internet and I am not sure that's a good idea just yet

remember these infections can access the internet when you can't and they can update or repair faster than you can kill them
Chewy

#12 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Ok I'll still go get one today. Thanks again.........James

#13 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

reread my first link and be sure and run sub's disinfector on the drive before putting it in the infected computer
Chewy

#14 86 mc

86 mc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

Ok, so lets see if I have this right. I will go in a few to get a flash drive , when I get it I will download subs disinfector and run it on the new drive, then you want me to download malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to the flash drive and put it in the infected computer. Does that sound right? The malwarebytes' program that I put on a disk is still scanning the infected computer now, it has found 60 infected objects in 1hour 30 minutes and scanned 45000 objects. This could take awhile the virus keeps warning me of an internet attack and popping up internet explorer continuously. Thanks..........James

#15 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

make sure the infected computer is physically disconnected from the internet

run subs on your laptop and immunize the usb drive, it also immunizes the laptop

use the usb drive to transfer the manual mbam updates and apply if you haven't already

use the drive to get the log from mbam and post here

and we have a long row to hoe yet
Chewy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users