Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ergh, I Think I've Got Some Malware Problem - Scvhsot.exe? Please Help Me. :/

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lukanikin

lukanikin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

All right, I really am horrible with computer-type things. I found a topic that addressed similar problems as to mine, but the solution involved something to do with registry thingies and apparently my "administrator has disabled registry." I also cannot open up task manager, which is rather scary. Plus, my computer seems to be running rather slowly. I've done lots of scans with a free version of AVG but it won't pick anything up. At starting up, a window pops up and says something like, "cannot run scvhsot.exe" or something like that.

I really hope someone will help me as I'm reluctant to go and pay for services because my experience with them have been not so great - they never totally fixed my problems and installed loads of things that cluttered up my laptop.

Meep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

:thumbsup: lets see if we can find out a wee bit of what may be happening?

may we know your windows version,( I think it is xp?, and if so is sp2 installed) what antivirus program(s) you have installed, what other protection programs do you think you have; when did you last fully update them all and run on full computer scans;

when did you last visit the microsoft update site and get all your necesary updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users