Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Get A New Game Made.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 digitmann

digitmann

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

Alright, so my son and I came up with what we feel will be a great mas-multi-player game. Problems are I don't know where to start, and where to take it to have it made. How do I go about copywriting something like this? Do I have to write the complete plan for every part of it and send it in as a copywrite. Anyone familiar with this stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Digitmann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

Quick Google:
http://www.sloperama.com/advice/idea.htm
http://gamedesign.wikicomplete.info/sellin...-game-companies

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 digitmann

digitmann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Sweet. I must have searched the wrong thing. Ad after ad blah blah blah, and nothing good. These are a great start. Thanks Raw!
If anyone has first had experience, I would love to hear of it.

#4 Malfion

Malfion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

To start, you should get ahold of programs such as:
Macromedia Fusion 2 or something like it( Theres one called Stencyl coming out and its free, but its release date is unknown). These will enable you to start making games...and have tutorials, and follow a drag and drop style.

Also, learn to program...I'd recommend Java or C/C++. You can read guides online and get through it pretty fast, or take real life classes.
After this, grab an MMO engine, like PlayerWorlds,etc... and use your skills to make an MMO.

You should also do some research into 3D design(using Blender,etc) if you're thinking of making a 3D game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users