Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Denied Access To Set Program Access And Defaults By Rundll32.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rabid_PC

Rabid_PC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

I figured it out!

Edited by Rabid_PC, 16 May 2008 - 07:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Hi and welcome.

rundll32.exe is a process which executes DLL's and places their libraries into the memory, so they can be used more efficiently by applications. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: rundll32.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

This is strange, this might be a malware :thumbsup: or it might just be some promblem with the rundll32.exe
I would run a scan and see what the scanners find. DON'T remove rundll32.exe, because it is most likely a legitimate file.

Regards,
Extremeboy

Great that you figured it out. Can you tell us how you fixed the promblem?

Edited by extremeboy, 16 May 2008 - 07:19 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users