Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Came Without Separate Me Disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ron299bwt

ron299bwt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

My computer came with ME installed no separate OS disk. Upgraded to XP with XP upgrade program. . Need to reinstall the XP OS which will not load without finding a previous version. By going to Start, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Clean I find a file of installation files for Windows 98/ME. Also a slightly larger file that is the backup of the previous operating system to revert to the previous (ME) operating system. How do I locate the 98*ron299bwt installation files and make a copy.
Any help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

Welcome to BP Ron.

Well I bought a genuine WinME CD of eBay last November, 15. You can also get Win98SE CD's as well, do a search. Other than that and you like WinXP get a genuine WinXP CD of there. :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users