Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi From A Desperate College Teacher

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stu rain

stu rain

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hi everyone. I just posted my hijackthis log in the other section and would like to thank all those who will come and help me out.

I teach 3D and web design in college. I use a PC because 3D Max works on a PC (not Mac) and pc's are generally cheaper for the power it gives you vs buying a mac that can cost the same amount of a used cars. I like macs too, and if 3D max worked natively on Mac I might be more mac centric.

As a teacher in an art school, almost all the computers around are Macs. Which is a skewed version of the real world. So I'm also happy to teach one of the few classes on a PC to let art students know that in the work place they might encounter a non mac environment. And if they want to just do art, there is an alternative to spending 1000's of dollars to get started -- they can spend 100's and get started too.

But, being in a Mac centric place has its drawbacks... viruses. The PCs aren't guarded as well as the Macs. And I caught a virus from doing my job as a teacher -- collecting student homework and bring it home to grade. Occupational hazard :thumbsup:

When I'm not teaching, I'm programming interactive stuff (flash, C#, etc).

If you have any 3D questions or Flash questions I'd be happy to help out, I'm in the information sharing business by trade :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:26 AM

Posted Image stu rain
I see that your Hjt log has been answered. You are in good hands. :thumbsup:
It's good to see you here as a member.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

Welcome to BC!
I hope you will become an active helper in the forums where your areas of expertise and experience will help others.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users