Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Has No Video, Makes No Sense.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JonReb

JonReb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hey,

So, I'm having some trouble with my Mom's computer which I built last Christmas. It has worked fine, up until now. The computer has never been moved or tinkered with, excellent cooling, and all of a sudden the computer simply doesn't show any video on the monitor. It boots up fine, seems to go through the process of booting up the DVD Drive then the Hard Drive but never shows up any signal on the monitor.

I have practically rebuilt the whole computer 3 times now with 3 different motherboards, 3 different video cards and 3 different monitors and no matter what combination I try the video NEVER transmits to the monitor.. it is driving me crazy! :flowers: :thumbsup:

I'm not a total computer expert but I do understand the insides of a computer and this problem makes absolutely no sense to me, I'd appreciate any enlightenment or help.

Edited by JonReb, 15 May 2008 - 06:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=n...ard%2C+no+video

Hi, this seems to be becoming more commonplace, unfortunately.

I've had the same experience, stopped fooling around with it, it can wait for another day (in my case).

The most irritating part is that the rest of the system seems to be working...but no vid signal is happening. My guess is RAM, but that's just a guess.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

Did you use the same monitor cable when switching combinations around? Bad cable or bent pins?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 JonReb

JonReb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

I've used the original cable and the cable I'm using right now for my own computer.

I'm surprised so many other people are having this problem. I'll try some different RAM, but to me it doesn't seem like something that would stop the video coming up.

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Ya, I've gotten no video before because of bad ram. It doesn't seem like it, but it can be the culprit.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users