Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Set Virtual Memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daytonasteve

daytonasteve

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

I went in to virtual memory to change the size. Wanted to shut it off, defrag and reinstate clean. It shut off fine, defrag went well, but now I cannot reset. Restarted between each change. When I click on the set button, it says C: window s/systme 32 mmc.exe requested to terminate. It also mentions C++ in the title bar. Checked the event view, nothing there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

HI and welcome.
when you went to set the vitual memory: Go to start > right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > In the Performance section press Settings > Advanced > press Change > Check Custom Size increase/decrease the size then press set and click OK. It says C: window s/systme 32 mmc.exe requested to terminate. What happens after it says that, what was the promblem after you got that message? You can't change the virual memory?
Take a read here: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archive/index.php/t-2986.html. why do you want to change the virual memory is it too low?

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users