Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Photos On Myspace

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PegM

PegM

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

This has happened before and reinstalling XP was the solution I had to resort to. I'm hoping to find another solution this time. I have no idea when this happened as I don't do MySpace, but my granddaughter occasionally uses my computer to check her MySpace account and when she tried the other day, she couldn't see any photos.

Since this happens in both Firefox and IE, I am assuming it is something I have done in XP that is causing the problem.

On another Forum, I was told to do the following:

1. Try disabling a pop-up blocker or any other program you are using to block ads.
2. Try clearing your cache and cookies in Firefox by selecting Options from Tools on the taskbar. To clear the cookies and private data, look under the Privacy tab.
3. In the Firefox browser, select Options from Tools on the taskbar.
Under the Content tab, make sure the box that reads "Load images automatically" is checked.
Across from this box, select Exceptions. If you see the site on the list of exceptions, select the site and click Remove Site.
AND
Check to see if you have any old versions of Shockwave or Flash player (macromedia) left in add/ remove programs. If there are uninstall them.
Then go and get the latest from adobe
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

I did all this, but nothing has changed. This was a couple days ago and since then, no one else seems to have any ideas. I'm hoping I can get some help here.

Attached are images of what I see at MySpace

Thanks
Peg

Mfr: Gateway; CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 2009 MHz; Installed RAM: 2 GB; OS: MS Windows XP Media Center Edition; Disk Drives: CD-DVD writer; Optional Info: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE (128 MB), Canon MP500 series printer/scanner

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Maybe try going into IE & choose Tools > Internet Options & reset Security, Privacy, & Advanced settings back to default. Otherwise, if you're using a firewall other than the Windows one, depending on which you have installed, that the settings may need adjusting.

#3 PegM

PegM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

IE was already set to all the default settings as I don't use it. Any other ideas? :thumbsup:

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Does this happen with MySpace only, or do you not see pictures in any other sites as well?

#5 PegM

PegM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

I haven't found any other sites where I have any problems. It seems to be only MySpace.

Edited by PegM, 17 May 2008 - 07:31 AM.

#6 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

Since it seems to be only My Space, try updating your Hosts File using Hosts Expert from here . No install is necessary. Just download it, extract it & run it. Use MVPS hosts & select Replace instead of Merge. I'm guessing that you have an active firewall running & that you're up to date with all your antivirus/anti-spyware scans & you are malware free?

Otherwise, I can't really find any other way to reproduce what you are seeing except for disabling pictures in either browser. Sorry that I couldn't be much more help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users