Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Seeing If My Video Card Is Compatible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamie7823

jamie7823

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Im trying to play empire earth 3 and heres the video req....

• NVIDIA® GeForcecard or equivalent DirectX® 9.0c-compliant 128 MB 3D video card supporting Hardware T&L and Shader Model 2.0 or higher

i have the hp pavilion laptop with this video card in it...

Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

Intel® GMA 950

128 video memory

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

Should work. It really should look at the mem requirement. Atleast thats what I look at when I'm thinking how powerful is the video card.

If its acually picky enough for it to be a NVIDIA GeForce +, I think someo ne needs to sit them down and have a erm... "Discussion" :thumbsup:
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 jamie7823

jamie7823
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

ya.well it gets to the load screen and locks up.

on skirmish it will completely load and when i try to go into game play it slws down big time when trying to load until it just freezes. pretty graphic game.

#4 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

push the settings down as far as you can. that's the GPU i got in my onboard, it was rough trying to game on it. If you're a regular gamer i'd advise getting a real card as soon as you can afford it, you'll kick yourself in the butt for not doing it sooner. In the meantime try updating your graphics driver or downgrading them sometimes will help too. it might help to get you in, But since reccomended is 7XXX series its never going to play completely right using the onboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users