Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Code 47 Usb Error-recommended Solution A No Go

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ~at a loss~

~at a loss~

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hello all,

My system is Windows Xp, Sp2

Here is what happens and what I have tried to do to fix it.

MY COMPUTER is not recognizing the K drive, which is the drive for my Memory Stick (Sony camera card). Always before I just insert it, boom the pictures are there in k drive, no problem. Now, nothing. The same card will read fine in my laptop.

In H drive, I can insert an SD Lexar card from my other camera, a NIKON, and that WILL show up in my computer. But...

Here's where it gets complicated.

Example:

Insert card in K drive..does not recognize in My Computer no matter what, rebooting, etc.
Insert card in H drive..does initially recognize, however if you disconnect through "Safely Remove Hardware" feature and then try to reinsert later, will NOT recognize and whole computer must be rebooted to get it to recognize again.

Error code with yellow exclamation point given in Device Manager is Code 47, which seems to give a simple solution of plugging and unplugging the device to get it to recognize and come back online.

However, I have tried this solution numerous times with no effect at all.
I have tried reinstalling driver, no luck.

The only things newly installed on the computer are Shockwave player and AVG 8.0 Free Edition, which I don't think either of those will cause any problem.

Anyone have any ideas besides what I have already tried?

Funny thing is when the computer first comes online in My Computer it will show drives for H I J K but if I plug and unplug a device in any of those drives, ALL the drives will then disappear from the My Computer screen.

Its kind of frustrating and yes, I can use a USB cable to download the pics on the cards, but why won't it just read them like it's always done before, when I didn't have to use a cable?

Any ideas would be really welcome..thanks

Shamrockgirl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Small consolation, but you are not alone, see http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/467043-...ve-letters.html

[post="http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/f2290182-15dd-4e6f-ab47-14359da7afe61033.mspx?mfr=true"]Safe Removal[/post]

I posted the above link because I read something similar a couple of days ago, where circumstances were similar to yours. My interpretation was that removing devices properly...eliminates this scenario.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users