Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Instal Any Game Onto Pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos3Keres

Chaos3Keres

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:38 AM

Howdy

I am trying to install games onto my PC which I have had for about 3 months. I never had this problem before hand so not sure what it could be.

I place the disc into the DVD drive (in this case, Warcraft 3) and I get the usual popup but looking different than normal, which looks like this:

Posted Image

Since it doesn't tell me to install, I enter the CD to have a look and find the files like this:

Posted Image

the installer files don't seem to be working and when I double click, I get this message:

Posted Image

Now I am an admin on the computer so I don't know how I can't get permission. Also I don't know whether this is correct but I get a different icon when the CD is loaded in on the MyComputer page:

Posted Image

I have checked other accounts and they have the same problem, can anyone help me with this matter please?!

Thank you

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

Have you tried using the G drive? If it asks what action to take, select no action then go to My Computer and select Play from there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Chaos3Keres

Chaos3Keres
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

I have tried on the G drive and its excatly the same. As for choosing no action, it only has open and explore, just like a data CD.

#4 Chaos3Keres

Chaos3Keres
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Just to make you aware, it doesn't install any software, not just games so not sure why this moved in here.

#5 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:53 AM

Having that same thing happen when i pop in the second disk to Oblivion's GOTY edition. Of course its already installed but its still bugging me a lil, Gonna work on it this weekend, if i figure it out i'll post back. As a bonus AVG detects a trojan on the company manufactured CD as soon as i put it in lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users