Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Networking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joeloe2

joeloe2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

I have a store, where i could see the camera of the store live from my house through the internet with a static ip address at the store. When I added a router to the cash register for networking the static ip address went to the router and the computer where all the cameras are got a different IP address, but that IP address dosent work to view the cameras at home. What can I do to get the old ip address to the computer? When i talked to the internet provider, they asked me to enter the old static ip address to the computer, which i did, and the computer accepted it, but now the internet dosen't even work. Can someone please help? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

you'll probably have to go into the router control panel and see what it is set to..

its most likely at the IP address 192.168.2.1, or some variation of that. Enter that number into your internet browser, and then it should show the control panel for the router.

Of course, for me to help any further, I would need to know what kind of router it is.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 simzlol

simzlol

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Ok thanks for the quick reply. THe router is a D link EBR-2310. can you instruct what to do from here?

Edited by simzlol, 17 May 2008 - 01:43 AM.

#4 joeloe2

joeloe2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

simzlol is me by the way

#5 PatrickH

PatrickH

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

If you've added a router to your setup you need to setup port forwarding for the cameras. example.

Your internet static ip address would be 24.34.45.345

Now that your have your router your cameras would then be

and maybe the register would be 192.168.1.101

this all depends on how your camera setup is.

what you need to do is find out what ports your cameras need to go through the internet.

If they use port say 80 and port 21 and your router uses port 80 as well to connect via an internet browser to the GUI to the router you NEED to change the port for connecting to the router to say port 8080 so if you want to connect now to the router you would then type in 24.34.45.345:8080 <- that static IP would then get you to the GUI of the router. Now on to the cameras. If the cameras need port 80 it is now open for use for the cameras.so you would now do 24.34.45.345:80 to see the cameras.

Setup port forwarding in your router that so any incoming connections on port 80 would goto the cameras. example

192.168.1.100 forward port 80
192.168.1.100 forward port 21

so when you connect to your static IP addres it would then goto the cameras.

post a reply back if you need more help.

-PH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users