Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unistall Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 b1mmuo27

b1mmuo27

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

My daughters pc has updated to media player 11. She wants it removed & back to media player 10. I have tried all the fixes I found on google to no avail. Has any one found an workable answer to this? She has win xp home. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

Hello.

Could you please tell us what steps you have taken to try to uninstall it? I assume just trying to uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs? If so, do your get an error message? Does the entry not clear?

On the side note, is there any particular problem that you are having with WMP 11 that makes you want to revert back to 10?

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 b1mmuo27

b1mmuo27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

As I mentioned it's my daughters. I have seen it & I don't like it either. Used add/remove, tried uninstalling in safe mode, used regedit. It now does not show in add/remove yet when you open an mp3 or .avi it opens into wmp11. Even on microsofts web page it's not definitive how to rool back to wmp 10.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

Did you do the steps given here under the section: Rolling back to a previous version of the Player
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Hi, try deleting the folder it self. Windows Media Player is located in C:\program files\Windows media player.
Try deleteing the whole folder and see if it removes Windows Media player. If you can' delete the folder try deleting it in safe mode. Try that and tell us if that works. If you still can't delete the folder tell us and I'll get back to you.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Forgot to mention something. I had that promblem too. when I clicked a mp3 file it opened Windows Media player.
Are you using Itunes or something like that? Click Itunes and then this message should appear saying something... I forgot. Anyways say yes and then the Mp3 file should go back to what it was originally. I am not sure that is the same case but that's how I got my working again.

with Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#7 b1mmuo27

b1mmuo27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the help but my daughter informs me she has fixed it herself. I think after numerous tries it finally rolled back. I did have to reload k-lite codec pack as it was corrupt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users