Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sb s&d question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:41 PM

presario sr1200nx, xp w/sp2, IE, vorizon dsl, yahoo mail, norton 2005, ad-aware se personal 1.05., sb s&d 1.3

when i dl sb s&d i saw the option for tea timer. im not sure if i took advantage of that option. i cant figure out how to view that option (if im using it or not).
also, when i click on mode/advanced/y\n/ i click on y and no window pops up for settings.

what are the pros and cons of this option?
how can i activate the option?
i just want to go back and modify the program per tutorial.

i looked at the tutorial and couldnt find any help regarding after program inst options.

id be greatfull for any advise oh wise ones all...........

yours truely baffled,
igo

Edited by igonuts2, 30 March 2005 - 04:52 PM.

Why work when you can play!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:57 PM

Tea Timer warns you of any programs, trying to install themselves, on your computer.
Then it gives you the option, to either allow it, or not.

To get to Tea Timer:

Open Spybot.
At the top click Mode.
Click Advanced.
On the left, near the bottom, click Tools.
Click Resident.
Put a check in both boxes.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

i thank you tg911, but if you read my post closer youll see that i click on mode then advanced, then the warning window pops up and i click y and nothing happens. i cant get to settings or anything else.
im also wondering bout the pros and cons. remember this is all ready inst and running.

thank you but im still at a los as to whats going on.

BUT YOU KNOW, MY IMPATIENTS IS GETTING IN THE WAY HERE. I DID FIND EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID AFTER LOOKING CLOSER MYSELF. IM THE FRUSTRATED PERSON I DONT WANT TO BE.
THANKYOU tg911.

ive been hijact recently and you know i feel like a womon might feel if they were raped. like your car was stollen. it make me shake and loose my prospective.
i get too quick on the draw. SORRY and THANKS.

Edited by igonuts2, 30 March 2005 - 06:29 PM.

#4 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

everything is done as you said tg911 and thank you again sir.

as i said, i need to slow down here and trust bcs wiser than me members.

thank you for putting up with me.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:55 PM

No problem.
That's what we're here for.
Glad I could be of help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users