Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fatal exception PLZ HELP!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kandice

kandice

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

Windows 98 has always had problems shutting down properly and lately I get an error message Fatal exception OE at 0028:coza27A8 in VXD VWINE32 (O5) +000012DO. The current application will be terminated.PLZ HELP Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:04 AM

Ok going to need some information from you if thats ok. What type of computer are you on? A gateway or Dell or HP. I dont want to guess thats why I ask, seems gateways have this problem alot. is there anyway you can tell if that is a zero or an "o" in the OE, let me know those 2 things and I am 99% sure I can help you with your woes :thumbsup:

#3 kandice

kandice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:41 PM

I am on a Dell Latitude and I think it is the letter O. Thanks!

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

Ity looks like your using mcaffe antivirus? If so this is what you need to do go to start. click on run then type msconfig.. go to the servises tab and uncheck the Vsstat.exe program. And disable any mcaffe names you may see if those boxes. Reboot and do what you do for awhile and see if you get that error that way we can narrow it down but I am pretty sure it is mcaffe. It may be in startup tab as well. Just look for it you will find it Here is a site on how to use msconfig just in case

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

#5 kandice

kandice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

I have Norton. Should I still go to that website FOR HELP? Thanks!

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:58 PM

No dont go to the website thought you were running mcaffe. Does this happen when using outlook express? If so you need to redownload and reisntall outlook express and upgrade interenet explorer. Seems the Copernic Agent may be causing this. You can download outlook express here

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/worldw...1downloads.mspx

#7 kandice

kandice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:19 PM

Thank you ! No more problems shutting down! :thumbsup: Really appreciate the help!!

#8 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

No problem kandice thats what we are here for. Glad you got it all sorted out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users