Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Gmail Accounts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nivrip

nivrip

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

I have been using Gmail for a few months now. At first it seemed to work very well but over the last month I get repeated problems with Error No. 102.

This can happen when opening a mail item, trying to delete a message, forwarding a message or even trying to get into the Sent Items file. (Almost anything I try to do !) I reckon it's happening 50% of the time.

I've tried asuggestion of using the alternative URL https://mail.google.com/mail/s/ but no joy.

Anybody else on Vista had problems?

Any more of it and I may have to change.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hey there! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with GMail! I've also been using it for awhile now, and love it! My dad runs Vista and has been using GMail for over 8 months, and has never had a 102 error.. But, a friend of mine that is running Windows XP HAS gotten 102 errors... From what I understand, the 102 error in GMail is related to SMTP, not Vista.

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

Looking around the help center @ Gmail states that it's a known issue on their end & also suggests that another workaround to try would be to sign in using the older version of Gmail. Look at the top of any Gmail page & select Older Version.

#4 nivrip

nivrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Now using the "Older Version" and it works a treat.

Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users