Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HiJackThis Program Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nogo

nogo

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hello, I ran my HiJackThis and for reasons unknown, I checked box O20, and hit the delete button. Everything still seems to run okay, but I still have a lot of things to check. Is there any hope for me? Can I do anything to fix this mistake or am I doomed to another XP re-install? I have win XP sp2 installed. IE6 and Firefox for browsers. Mcafee antivirus and firewall. I have to many anti-spyware programs to list (ad-aware, spy bot s&d, pest patrol, x-block, ect....). 1 gig ram, 80 gig hd, Pentium 4. If you need anymore info on my system just let me know. Learning how to us a computer the hard way is to much fun. My first hard lesson was how to format my hard drive and how to back up all my documents, in that order.................. Carl :thumbsup:
"Self Taught, Crippled Old Man, Please Be Patient With My Ignorance"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

Start hijackthis, click on config, click on backups, look for your entry that you deleted, and restore it

#3 nogo

nogo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

Thank you very much Grinler! Learn something new everyday, thanks again and yes, I will support $$ this site. carl :thumbsup:
"Self Taught, Crippled Old Man, Please Be Patient With My Ignorance"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users