Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winvi Trojan, Now My Taskbar Has No Icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kendra2funny

kendra2funny

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hello,
I seem to be infected with some sort of trojan. I got rid of it by following some of the steps on the site. I booted up the computer in safe mode and found the winvi program which was causing it according to my Norton, but the one thing I have not been able to get rid of is the fact that now my taskbar has no icons and is completely dark blue. It's the weirdest thing. It doesn't appear to be hurting anything, and Norton can't find anything wrong with my computer now. Ad-aware also says my system is clean. It could be that when I was trying stuff to get rid of it, I deleted something that I shouldn't have. I'm not sure, or it could be that there's a small piece of the trojan that I didn't delete.

I have Windows XP. I have a screenshot, but I'm not sure how to upload it on here so if you could tell me how, I can show it to you. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

would you please run this MBAM scan and post a log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users