Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Run Task Manager/possible Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrislee0819

chrislee0819

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

My brothers laptop got infested by viruses. Task Manager is greyed out when I hit Ctr+Alt+Delete. I have run Trend Micro and AVG and found all kinds of trojans and spywares. It seems to be running a lot better now but the Task Manger still will not show up. Need help! Thanks. I am posting my Hijackthis and DSS logs.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hello chrislee0819,

I apologise for the delay, the forum is too busy.

If you still need help, follow the instructions below and post a new HijackThis log.
----------------------------------------------
Download and Run HijackThis
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#3 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:38 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users