Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 akbundi

akbundi

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

have been facing a lot of problem in my computer.A forum suggested to run combofix but it did not produce any log file. I am giving below the problems:

1. when the computer starts a window captined microsoft security opens up.

2. Then a pop up window opens telling that my computer is full of viruses and to run a antivirus software.

3. After sometimes another pop up comes telling me that the computer is unstable

4. Sometimes ( not always) I am informed that windows is shutting down

5. I mostly not able to log in to my email at yahoo.com. A security lock symbol appears in the task bar and the screen just freezes.

(Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 14 May 2008 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

HI; may we please know your windows version

A forum suggested to run combofix but it did not produce any log file. I am giving below the problems:

this program is intended for use under the instructions of a malaware expert

??was it ?

you are fortunate that your computer will still boot up

and I guess you have sought help for this problem on another site?

can you tell us what protection is on your computer and when did you last fully update it all and run full scans?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users