Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Client Services For Netware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zofo5547

zofo5547

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

I have windows xp sp2 and trying to uninstall client services for netware. But I have run into a problem, i have local area connection 2, can anyone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

First of all, let's start with determining how many total network connections that you have available. We need to first determine if you have any connections which might require the NetWare Client / Server / or Protocol before we delete it.

Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections

OR

Click Start >> Connect To >> Show All Connections

Reply back with a listing of all connection objects which appear in this applet. Then we can decide if it is safe to delete the NetWare Client Services and Protocol for "Local Area Connection 2". Best practice would be to determine first that you do NOT need this serivce, by determining what connection objects require what services. THEN deleting the unnecessary services on each connection object individually.

This will save you administrative overhead, in case you delete something and realize later that you actually needed that service. This might seem like a slower process rather than just telling you the answer, but i'm aiming to help you think like a Network Administrator would. Aim first... then pull the trigger.

Edited by Cyb3r_Ninj@, 14 May 2008 - 08:53 PM.

Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#3 zofo5547

zofo5547
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

thank you for replying Cyb3r_Ninja@, the only listing in network connection is " local area connection 2".

#4 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Ok, since its safe to sssume that you only have one network connection object present (Local Area Connection 2), the next step will be to verify that the NetWare Client / Server / Protocol is present on this connection.

Go to the Network Connections applet:

Click Start >> click Control Panel >> select Network Connections

Right-click on Local Area Connection 2 and select Properties to open up the Local Area Connection 2 Properties applet. You want to look into the middle section of the applet entitled "This connection uses the following items:"

You will want to look for NetWare service item in this listing. Click the desired item to highlight it, then click the Uninstall radio button.

If you don't see the NetWare service present in this listing, it's probably safe to assume that it wasn't originally installed Windows XP or it was already Uninstalled at some time after installation.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users